Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Last Night on Gossip Bois...


Last night Gossip Bois met up with the CEO of Dreamgirls,Cassie and Kate of  Kate & Sofina - Lovergirls. This was an interview that was well needed in our community to see that the life of promoting isn't all that glamorous. 

The Dreamgirls- When you look at Cassie, you can only imagine what her team looks like.  Cassie is tall as fuck.  Her hair is about my height and she's always camera ready.  When she explained what a Dreamgirl is to her, it made sense to me that she would have the team that she has.  The ideal Dreamgirl is the girl your looking at throughout the night from a state of soberness to the drunken mess that most of you end up in (no judgements ;o) ). 
Dreamgirls consist of:

Marla- L.E.S Dreamgirl(Lower East Side for all you that thought that was an acronym for lesbian... SMH)

Yamese- Harlem Dreamgirl
Carol- BX Dreamgirl

And now all they need is a Queens Dreamgirl.  Shouldn't be hard to find since the BEST girls comes from Queens.

Kate of Lovergirls- It was such an honor to meet Kate.  I'm probably the only lesbian that waited until I was 21 to attend the club.  The first club that I did attend was Lovergirls.  I remember walking into Speed and it being packed WALL to WALL with women galore.  Drinks were cheap, music was good and the girls looked so good made you wanna slap yo mama. 

Politics of the night:
Some very important points were brought up during this interview.  Both promoters recognize the change in parties between 5 years ago and now.  Five years ago, there were not half as many promoters or different parties like there are now.  Monday through Sunday you can find a party to attend.  The excitement of waiting all week to go to this one party that you know will be the shit is gone because they're so many options.  Is that a bad thing or a good thing?

*Did you think that promoters walk away PAID? According to both Kate and Cassie, this is NOT always the case.  A club can be packed to capacity but over priced drinks can be what stops a promoter from making their money.  When using certain venues, you can make money off of the bar.  A point that was made by Kate is that if you negotiate the bar to sell drinks a bit cheaper, it'll have the consumer at the bar more often. I know I'll spend $20 for 2 drinks but if one drink is $15 then I'm holding on to that bitch ALL DAMN NIGHT!  Call me cheap... I don't care! #recession

*The debate between the cost of the club verses the quality of the DJ, crowd and drinks was a big topic to me.  I know I've paid $20 to get into an empty club with an okay DJ and overpriced drink only to think to myself, "nevera-fucking-gain" will I come to this fuckery in LIFE!  It was refreshing for the promoters to acknowledge that it is something that happens generally. 

*Both promoters made it clear that they are completely open to CONSTRUCTIVE suggestions.  Everyone wants to know how they can improve their craft and keep the consumer happy.  This was something that I appreciated.  Don't like the prices of the drinks?  Tell the promoter! Want a certain DJ? Tell the promoter! It's their job to make you happy so that you continue to party with them. 

Anyway, it was a long ass interview with lots of facts that you probably didn't know about both Cassie and Kate.  To check it out in full, go to http://www.my3minds.com/ and click on the Gossipbois tab.

Here's some eyecandy for ya!



Cassie, Kate, Linn and Nikkie


Cassie, Daya, MaRs, Kate, Linn and Nikkie


3minds, Cassie and Kate


DJ Mary Mac && Cassie


Kate and D


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact me

Want to reach me personally? Email 3Minds.PlanetMars@gmail.com!
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More