Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

WEAVE your hair alone!



Before

After
I haven't always rocked natural hair.  I used to be the weave queen.  My mother is from Guyana and my father is from the south.  My mother has very curly hair while my father has thicker hair.  With that mixed texture, my weaves often looked like my real hair.  It became very addictive.  After a while I realized that weaving was an expensive addiction.  I would weave my hair every month and then go back every 2 weeks for a wash and set.  Between buying hair, paying extra for a conditioner, the actual weaving process, and the bi weekly wash, i was spending about $400 a month.  My pockets were mad at me and I was mad at myself.

Now there's nothing against weaves.  This is my own personal view on them.  I felt like when I wore a weave I looked like everyone else.  You cant walk down the street and not see a woman wearing a weave.  God forbid Rihanna comes out with some new God awful hairstyle, 85% of women will run to the salon talkin bout, "Gimme that new Rihanna".  Blah...

The natural look isn't built for everyone though.  Not everyone wants to walk around with Loccs or an Afro.  Being natural doesn't mean that you have to limit yourself to those two styles either.  People weave for change.  Some people love to be able to change their hair daily.  At the end of the day, its about being yourself and expressing yourself how ever you want to.  If that means you wanna weave your hair down to your vagina, by all means, weave up that cutty!  In any case, I wanted to share with you some of the effects that weaving can have to your hair. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact me

Want to reach me personally? Email 3Minds.PlanetMars@gmail.com!
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More