Total Pageviews

Monday, April 4, 2011

Addiction to PAIN?


Pain is an addiction.  Thats why we always come back for more.  Often times we do things that we know will hurt us in the end but the momentary satisfaction is what drives us.  How many of us know that certain people are not good for us, yet we continue to indulge in them?  How many people say, "I know I shouldn't be doing this," but you continue to do it anyway?  At the end of the day we all have a choice.  If I know something isn't good for me then I should make the conscious decision to walk away and save myself from the pain that it may cause.  Yet we indulge in self inflicted pain.  Subconsciously, our brain probably chooses emotion over logic.  Logically when know we shouldn't involve ourselves with certain people, with certain actions, with certain attitudes, but emotionally, we give in.  I thought about this most of yesterday.  What is our obsession with pain?  Is the temporary high really worth it?  This just goes to show you how POWERFUL emotions are.  They have the power to sway you from making logical decisions that may save you from tons of emotional, physical, mental and spiritual pain.

As I continued to think about it, I stumbled upon another thought.  Without pain, can we really live?  Maybe life is what feeds our addiction to pain.  You have to feel it to learn from it and then apply it to life.  Blah.  I swear I was not high and about 85% sober during most of these thoughts.

Some Moday Food For Thought...

2 comments:

We (as people) enjoy pain because it reminds us that we are alive and pleasure is not fully felt or appreciated if there is no pain.

Exactly. That was the conclusion I stumbled upon. There's something that keeps us going back to the pain.

Post a Comment

Contact me

Want to reach me personally? Email 3Minds.PlanetMars@gmail.com!
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More