Total Pageviews

Friday, April 8, 2011

Featured Poet: General Dan Freeman

I was at work meeting with a client and I casually mentioned that I'm a blogger.  I usually don't put my business or my lifestyle out there, but I recognized that this young man was a struggling artist- much like myself.  I told him about the blog and asked him to check it out in his free time.  He returned to me saying that he read the blog and would like to contribute a piece.  This piece is an tribute to 3Minds... I think that's awesome.  I would like to thank Daniel for this poem...

"I hope you that you will continue to fight, continue to strive for a vision that is so close to manifesting itself. Your powers as women and especially as a group of women is so important at this moment. I offer this piece to you and the 3 minds with the hope that it will only intensify your voices and vision. Your not alone in this fight. And please believe that the fruits of our labor will soon b received. Many Blessing to you and yours. Peace is the name of loves nation."

General Dan Freeman


Welcome...
Welcome to the revolution.
A war that will be fought using
the tools of our ancients.
My pen and pad one of the oldest of them.
Used to illustrate thoughts, I encase them with
depleted sound and bring life to death with
the trigger of tongue. Reincarnating word's
I project an ancient redemption, with the deadly
intention of coordinating my objectives with the
spirits still walking the earth.
I am the poet.
I am the air that breaths life into
the fires of revolution. Power is no illusion.
So I have poetically encrypted the order's of
ancient gorilla insurgents.
Use them.
And together we will hold poetic offensives
against private investor's at the U.S. Mexican
boarder with Crazy Horse and Sitting Bull.
Welcome...
Welcome to some real grown man shit.
A war that demands my words radiate the
light from stars. Giving my poem's the ability
to illuminate the path for children still lost in the dark.
I write for genius's who are regularly given bellow
average grades, for the second grader's that
have mastered the arts of seduction and receive
their lessons while walking the hallways.
This ain't the sixties with speech's and pa raids.
My team consist of hood scholars, baby mama's,
and thugs over five generations deep in this crack game.
So think poet...
Here is your pen...
The blind must see it move to believe in freedom again.
Write to restore the trust between love and men.
An allow your heart to beat through the pen.
This is war.
Where the only inevitable is the impossible.
Stand alone and the individual becomes dividable.
But together we create the art of peace.
Together we are the voices needed to whisper
encouragement into the ear of Nat Turner.
Our action's become the vision's that awaken Harriet
in the face of danger.
Fighting the good fight
is our only true means towards
an experience called freedom.
Welcome to the transfer of power.
The realization of a dream.
A dream dreamt by
Captin Cudjoe,
Henrique Diaz,
Dom Pedro Albius Compos,
George Washington Carver,
Marcus Garvey...
A dream dreamt by ghost.
Poet...
Hidden in the hearts of delinquent's
are the keys needed to unlock the chains on freedom.
Welcome to the Revolution.

peace is the name of loves nation.
General Dan Freeman.
encouragement into the ear of Nat Turner

1 comments:

Your words are powerful and def encouraging. Keep writing. WE appreciate you.

Post a Comment

Contact me

Want to reach me personally? Email 3Minds.PlanetMars@gmail.com!
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More