Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Who is your favorite Mind?







I LOVE 3Minds!  And I'm not just saying that.  I have an individual relationship with each member so I am very fond of each of those fuckers.

Linn:  Linn is the "mouth piece" of  3 Minds.  We go WAYYY back. I met her 6 years ago at a fashion show that we worked on together.  Since then, we have grown into great friends.  What I love the most about Linn is that she is VERY passionate about what she does.  I never met someone who put every ounce of blood, sweat and tears into her work.  The work she does for this community isn't to make a name for herself, but to make a name for our community.  When she says, "Creatively we never sleep," she was NOT lying.  This heffa does NOT sleep!  If there is something she wants to do, she won't wait around for someone to show her how to do it.  Linn taught herself about videos, editing, filming and software.  There is NOTHING that she can not do and if by chance she actually can't do it, she will teach herself how to.  Love you Boo!

Nikkie: What I LOVE about Nikkie is what's under the surface.  Looking at Nikkie, you can tell she is an artist.  She a photographer.  She can sketch/draw.  She can write.  That to me is what is on the surface.  What's under the surface is her deepness.  Have you ever discussed anything with her? Current events?  The direction of our youth?  The LGBTQ community?  Talk to her.  She blows my mind every time we have a discussion because her point of view is always insightful.  I say that it's under the surface because upfront, you see jokester Nikkie, behind closed doors, she's a passionate being.  Extremely intelligent.

Daya: Want to have a good time?  Guaranteed laughs?  Hang out with Daya.  I don't call her Daya... and I'm not going to start now!  Wiz (Daya) and I have endless stories of the fuckery that we have done just off the strength of being us.  She has one of the freest spirits ever.  I LOVE that about her.  She is an open book.  You can count on her making you smile when you're down and making you smile harder when you're not. 

Together, these 3 ladies make a perfect picture.  I Love You hoes!

3 Minds wouldn't be where they are today without the guidance of  their manager, Delicia.  "Dee" is thebomb.com.  She is literally one of the most beautiful women I've ever met inside and out.  She has a very gentle spirit.  Well rounded, educated and truly a phenomenal woman.  LOVE YOU DEE!

4Strong- my babies!  Proud to know you ladies.  You picked an awesome group of women to be your mentors.  You guys have such a bright future. <3 you!

I basically want to show my appreciation for my camp.  I am humbled to be apart of you and your cause.

Leave a comment readers!  Who is your favorite Mind?

3 comments:

I couldn't have said this any better myself! great post, Marsha!

Someone told me one day while roaming the streets of Union Square that people deserve to know they're appreciated...That person was you...We had a verbal love affair...lol...Thank you for giving so much of yourself to 3Minds...Together, we truly make a strong team...You are beautiful and we appreciate you!

<3 Thank you so much Dee! *muah muah*

Post a Comment

Contact me

Want to reach me personally? Email 3Minds.PlanetMars@gmail.com!
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More