Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Featured Poet: Shenna


I have a friend.  She's awesome.  She writes.  Sometimes we share our work with each other.  I love when others expose their soul to me through words.  She sent me this poem and I was compelled to post it.  Follow her! @ShennaNanette


Yesterday is far away from today
 
[You had….] I adored you at first sight! *shrugs* Ok, that’s a lie!  I adored you at first chat.  I remember going to bed and rising in the morning to thoughts of you. I imagined your touch before you even hugged me, your smile before your lips parted, and your kiss before our first date. I felt your eyes before your physical. They embraced me and gave joy to my pain.  When our lips touched, what society deemed wrong turned into one of God’s heavenly songs; “Swing lowwwwwww,  Sweet Chaaariot.. Comin’ for to carry me hoooooome.” [….me at hello]
[But, that was long ago]
[You lost…] I wish I never met you! *shrugs* Ok, another lie!  I wish we would’ve met at a different time.  Maybe in the past when neither of us knew what pain felt like? Or, possibly the future where the last excuse for us not to be, would be nonexistent? Perhaps we can endeavor this “friend” thing.  Is it easy to wear a mask with someone who once [maybe twice] saw you stripped…. literally?  We now have a “past.” Presently, your knock is silent, the locks have been changed, and my address is no longer the same. [LO]I[VE] doesn’t live here anymore.  The future… hmmmmm [lost me at goodbye]  



Ughh... I can totally relate to this!  Love you Shenna, thank you for sharing your soul with me ;o)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact me

Want to reach me personally? Email 3Minds.PlanetMars@gmail.com!
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More