Total Pageviews

Monday, March 7, 2011

I always fall for "Your Type"

Why is it so easy to fall for the wrong person?  So many good people out there and they all fall for "that type."  Have you ever reviewed your dating pattern?  I think subconsciously we end up dating the same type of people in different packaging.  Some people are drawn to people who have girlfriends already.  They're comfortable being the other chick because there's no real commitment.  Some women subconsciously pick women who will beat up on them and take advantage of them.  Some are good at picking the good girls while others continuously fall for the non committal, "player" type.

The deeper part of this would be, is the person you fall for a direct reflection of YOU? Take your time and think about this.  I had this conversation with a friend the other day and we both agreed that we are awesome women.  I will toot my own horn, I pride myself in being a good person, a good woman, a good soul.  My friend raised the point that who we chose as a partner has to reflect pieces of ourselves.  "Birds of a same feather flock together."  I don't entirely agree with this theory.  I think that us women have to stop settling.  Women get out of a relationship and rush right into another one, never taking the time to get to know the person.  When you do things like this, you are filling voids that you don't want to face.  The reality of the matter is, no one wants to be alone.  Once you get out of a relationship, your number one mission is to find the girls and get the party started.  Instead of taking some healing time, you start something with someone you don't know.  We settle.  We take whats right in front of us instead of attracting someone of our like minds.  This isn't true for EVERYBODY.  Knowing your worth will help you pick the appropriate partner.  When you deal with someone and you are willing to put up with certain behavior that you know is unacceptable, you set yourself for the same type of heartache that you may already be used to.  At the end of the day, stand for something otherwise you'll fall for anything.  Anyone can meet the wrong person, it takes confidence to walk away from them.


1 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact me

Want to reach me personally? Email 3Minds.PlanetMars@gmail.com!
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More