Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Ask MaRs..

I get a lot of questions from different blog readers so I decided to do an, "Ask MaRs" portion of the blog.  All submissions will remain anonymous.  Here is a question from a blog reader.

I am in a relationship with a person who possibly has a mental illness.  How do I deal with this?  Should I stay?

Hmmm... What kind of behavior does your partner exhibit for you to feel she has a mental illness?  Often times we deal with women who are just crazy.  I've had my share of them.  Is there something specific that she does that can be associated with a mental illness?  If her behavior can be diagnosed as a clinical psychological illness then I think it takes someone very strong to deal with her.  If you have been with her for a while and you are already in love with her, then it would be hard to just leave her.  If she is someone that you just began dating then I think it would be best to bow out gracefully.  Dealing with someone who has a mental illness can be very draining.  In the event that she is someone you want to support emotionally and continue to be with, sit down with her and explain to her that she should see get an evaluation.  Hell, get an evaluation with her to support her.  Based on the results of her evaluation, encourage her to seek treatment whether it be counseling or medication.

I hope this helps!

1 comments:

I think that we have gone beyond crazy. Being hypersensitive to every comment that is made about them and getting extremely angry at something that is minor. I admit that I have attitudes at times, but they are spread apart. Not knowing from one day to the next if it will be peaceful becomes draining over time.

Post a Comment

Contact me

Want to reach me personally? Email 3Minds.PlanetMars@gmail.com!
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More