Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Do we settle?

We all have qualities that we want in a person.  Most times there are things on that list of qualities that you will not compromise.  For me, I NEED someone who is affectionate and intense.  I connect through everything affectionate and everything intense.  If I meet someone who isn't exactly like that, it is then my place to explain my needs to the person and see if it is something they can get with or decide whether or not it is something I can continue to deal with.

Ultimately we all have deal breakers but when do you begin to feel like your settling?  Most people don't realize that settling is very common.  People settle all they time for the sake of companionship.  You compromise certain things that you would normally never put up with because the sex is good or because you don't want to be alone.  Us single folks date people for months who let you know from jump they don't want a relationship.  Are you settling for companionship if you continue to date them knowing that you want otherwise?  People in relationships, are you settling when you stay with someone who continues to cheat on you and chalk it up to love?  Are you settling when you stay with someone who constantly puts you down?  Are you settling when you compromise what you truly need for a temporary want?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact me

Want to reach me personally? Email 3Minds.PlanetMars@gmail.com!
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More