Total Pageviews

Friday, July 15, 2011

What's wrong with being gay?

Last night I was watching "True Life: blah blah blah"  (I forgot the title... but it was something along the lines of I'm no longer gay due to my family).

I was a bit shocked because the show had two 20 somethings who felt that they could no longer be gay due to their family's disapproval.  One girl was caught with another girl when she was 18.  When her mother found her, she stabbed her.  After being stabbed by her mother, she decided to change her lifestyle and become heterosexual.  Then there was a guy who got prayed over in order to become heterosexual.  He gave his life to the Lord, and now he feels "complete".

I completely sympathize with these people.  Members of our community go through this on a daily basis.  I can not imagine my mother stabbing me because I decided to be who I am and love who I want to love.  To be honest, my freedom to be me means more than having a relationship with my mother.  Sounds bad, but I can't live my life for someone else.  Can anyone honestly answer this question:  WHAT IS WRONG WITH BEING GAY?

1 comments:

Being different usually brings some sort of rejection, but being gay usually brings out a much stronger response for some reason. I've felt it myself, but don't understand it. I'm becoming more accepting because I know my natural response doesn't make sense.

I'm a christian, but am skeptical about real orientation change, I mean why would God remove that "sin" from someone when he doesn't remove all OTHER sin from his followers? In general, he lets us struggle with our sin to build our faith and dependence on Him.

I think that any person focused on changing someone's orientation is a result of the therapist's own discomfort with the gay person not being like everyone else, and its disturbing that they are allowed to practice in an advanced society. I have several lesbian friends and know them well enough to know that their sexual orientation is not going to change. One good friend hid her orientation from me for over 30 years out of fear that I wouldn't accept her. Who'd choose that as a way to live?

Post a Comment

Contact me

Want to reach me personally? Email 3Minds.PlanetMars@gmail.com!
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More