Total Pageviews

Monday, July 18, 2011

I blame Nikki!

How would you feel if you 14 year old cousin had their own rendition of this picture as their default?  SMH.  What is going on with our youth? 

I logged on to Facebook only to see my 14 year old cousin in front of the mirror in this very pose wearing some short shorts.  I looked at the comments from little boys saying, "lick, lick, lick."  Man, I never wanted to back hand someone so badly in my life.  But when a child decides to imitate a pose like this, who is to blame?  The parents?  The artist?  The community? 

When I saw the picture I called my cousin to tell her about herself.  She didn't answer.  I called her mother, no response.  I was going to call Lil' Kim and Nikki Minaj but them hoes phones are off.  After a while of going crazy, I decided to leave it alone.  If her mother isn't telling her that this is not ladylike, and that boys will not respect her with these antics, then why should she listen to me? 

As lesbians, lets be sure that we are raising our daughters to have the UTMOST respect for themselves and their bodies.  At an age where you begin to question yourself and sexuality, let's make sure that we raise a generation that knows the difference between classy and trashy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact me

Want to reach me personally? Email 3Minds.PlanetMars@gmail.com!
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More