Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Fuck Valentine's Day!



Ok, don't call me a hater or anything.  I'm not bitter. I'm all for love and all that bullshit... but what is the huge deal about Valentine's Day?  This year I do not have a Valentine.  I'm completely okay with that.  A few years back, I would have probably slit my wrist at the idea of me having to spend the day around these happy bastards as they walk around with their stupid ass chocolate and bum ass flowers and punk ass teddy bears.  I was bitter back then.  Then 2 years ago I experienced love.  I was in a relationship.  I got to be one of those broads with teddy bears, the flowers and the cards.  I realized that these things (acts of love, not necessarily material items) should be expressed to me daily, not just one day out of the year.  Last year, I took on that attitude and kept Valentine's day very low key.  I went to church with my then partner and went out to eat.  This year I decided to say FUCK VALENTINES DAY! lol.  It's not coming from a bitter place, but I feel like this day is designed to make single people aware that they are single.  It puts pressure on couples to out do them self every year, when in all actuality, LOVE should be expressed daily.  Valentine's Day should not be the only day out of the year you express your love, appreciation and gratitude for your partner. 

In the spirit of singledom (yes, singledom) I vow to celebrate Valentine's Day everyday.  I vow to love myself everyday.  I vow to love whom ever I chose to be with everyday.  I vow to make sure those that I love feel it everyday.

For those of you who live for Valentine's Day, please don't let me crush that for you.  Just remember that Love is FREE... It can occur 365 days a year. 24 hours a day. 7 days a week. 

1 comments:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Post a Comment

Contact me

Want to reach me personally? Email 3Minds.PlanetMars@gmail.com!
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More