Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Princess Boy



5 Year old Dyson Kilodavis

Dyson and his Mother Cheryl








How many parents out there are accepting of their child's way of self expression?  What if you had a son who chose to express himself by wearing dresses?  Is that something you think you are open minded enough to handle?  Let's face it, being homosexual does not mean that you are open minded.  Some of us still can't accept two aggressive women in a relationship.  How would you handle a young child exploring his or her sexual identity at such a young age?

I came across an article about a 5 year old boy named Dyson Kilodavis, better known as "The Princess Boy."  Dyson was interviewed by The Today Show, where he told the host, "I love wearing dresses and I love the colors of pink and red," adding, "It makes me feel happy."

How profound is this?  By the age of 5 this young boy is already challenging his sexuality and is very aware of who he is.  I look at this little boy in admiration.  I believe in having a sense of self and individuality.  People search their whole life to know who they are.  People deny themselves of their inner desires and conform to what society thinks that they should be.  Here we have this 5 year boy who has not had a chance to experience the world, yet he recognize where he fits in and what he is more comfortable in. 

His mother says that it was an adjustment for her, but she decided to let her son be who he is.  How many parents would be able to do that?  While the rest of the world may be against this mother and father's decision, I stand behind it 100%. 

Watch him here ----> The Princess Boy

There is now a children's book about the Princess Boy.  The book explores ideas of self expression and comfort in your skin.  It also explores the idea of social acceptence.  Visit the website for more information. http://myprincessboy.com

2 comments:

My parents are fine with me being gay but I think if I dressed more masculine, they'd have an issue.

I honestly am going to say that's very tough as a parent because it's difficult handling a child with tempermental issues, or social difficulties. I dont expect things to be easy for me as a parent and I'm not going to box my children's personalities to do so either,...but I want to make things as easy for my future children as possible. At 5 years old...I don't think a person has enough life experience to really decide how they should come out into the world. If my future kids do turn out to be gay...I want it to be a mature age when they make that decision.

Post a Comment

Contact me

Want to reach me personally? Email 3Minds.PlanetMars@gmail.com!
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More